Sunday, March 23, 2008

Happy Easter!

Happy Easter doods!


So, it's been a year since my wreck last Easter. I've learned a lot since then, racked up another 7 000 miles, and no other wrecks. But, now I've sold the rebel to another new rider. I bought another motorcycle with the intention of fixing it up, but I've given up on that now, and I've come to terms with the fact that I will have to wait for a while before I can justify buying another bike. I'm fairly melancholy recently about motorcycles, but I have hope. I have made a lot of friends and will continue to make friends in the motorcycle community. Instead of riding on the track, I'll be working corners or hanging out in the pits instead.

I'll be back. You can bet on that. I'll be back on 2 wheels soon enough.

Until then, I've got my bicycle and my pickup, and some fishing that needs done.

Unlike last year, the weather isn't beautiful. It looks like rain, and it's chilly outside.

Sherry, I was looking forward to leading some good spring rides this year too. I was hoping that we'd be able to get out and get going. What does your ninjette need? I've got a brand new battery that I dumped into the viffer, and we could get Johnny and I over to poke at it with sticks for a while! Just give me a call, and we'll find some time to come over at it.



So, my next project:
I don't like my tool box. HHAHHA, yes I do, but I want to make it more useful. Instead of a 3 tier system, I want a 2 tier, separate-able system. I've got a roller table that is the right height for a work surface, but needs a wooden top. The smaller tool box can sit on the work surface when it's put away. The middle tier is just a cheap little thing that once correctly tightened would be sturdy for sitting still, but for rolling around is not that sturdy. So, it's going away, and I'm going to make it 2 separate pieces, and make it a work center and a tool box instead of a big standing tool chest. I think it will be better that way. Now, I just need to get some wood for it!

2 comments:

Sherry said...

You know, I won't be riding my bike very much. If you wanted to, you could borrow it every so often. I know it's only a 250, but it's a pretty fun ride. I think it just needs new plugs and the carb cleaned...and the battery is dead now from trying to start it for 20 minutes. hahaha

There aren't many people that I would offer to let ride my bike!

Sherry said...

OH...and Happy Resurrection Sunday!