Thursday, September 13, 2007

Epic Weekends, part 2

Ok, this won't be quite as in depth, but I've got a bonus afterwards!

Last weekend, I went out camping with Jessica ,my wife, Mark, a friend of mine, and his little dog Skipper. We drove to Mark's house after work on Friday, in the Tri-Cities, then off past Yakima to the town and river of Naches. Up from Naches, we followed the river to the Little Naches River, to a campsite. We setup tents, had a few beers, and BS'ed about the next morning's plans, and went to sleep.

Saturday morning, we got up. Now, since we were camping, and Jessica can't camp without bacon, and I wanted pancakes, we made bacon, eggs, pancakes, and coffee before we even thought about doing anything else. Once we had breakfast done, we realized we didn't have any dish soap, or any more coffee. We cleaned up as best as we could, and headed back to Whistlin' Jacks, a little over-priced grocery store to get the necessary things.

We grabbed a handful of elderberries from the bush on the way out. They were kinda tart, but really tasty...I can't wait for deer season when I get to go look for more elder berries :). Anyway, we went back up and moved campsites and started fishing the Naches river. Oh, btw, there are no fish in the Naches river. Trust me, there are no fish. We fished all day, and nothing.

That night, we had some more drinks, and went to bed.

Sunday morning, we got up and fished some more, still no fish.

We cooked breakfast again, bacon, eggs, pancakes and coffee, and cleaned up camp. We headed back and dropped Mark off. It was a good weekend.

It doesn't sound so great...but the time spent with Mark and Jessica, and the time spent fishing just don't seem like something anyone else will want to hear about....we just BS'ed a whole lot.



BONUS:
They cut my data patching. Yah, I'm not pleased. I'm angry, hurt, and generally not happy about it. I've spent so much time on it, that I don't remember a time in which I wasn't working on it, since I started working here. And now it's cut. I got the go-ahead yesterday to keep working on it, and send more test plans, and get it moving. That was yesterday morning. Yesterday afternoon, in an email, I get "Projects not being worked on: Data Patching". I almost left early....I should have.....

Anyway, I have an empty bug list now!

GRRRRRRRRRRR

2 comments:

Sherry said...

At least you had a good weekend even if you didn't catch any fish. Steve and I need to go camping more, it's so relaxing especially when there is a river involved!

No idea what data patching is, but I am sorry that your work has been for nothing. That stinks.

Anonymous said...

Any weekend of camping is much better than being at work. Relaxation assured. Anyway, it's cool so meet someone with the same name as myself!

Jeff Holbrook, Red House, WV.