Saturday, May 3, 2008

My Face Hurts....

....from smiling.....

I drove over to Chad's house and hopped on his CM400 while he hopped on his buell. We drove over and met Johnny and Wade at the Chevron and took off for Lewiston.

It was a beautiful day for a ride. We rode down to Shumate, the local Harley shop and perused while we talked to Kevin, a guy I met down at Mac's one day, a friend of some of the people I ride with. So, we talked a bit and then headed over to Mac's for a quick perusal of their bikes as well.

Kevin had just traded in a Triumph Thruxton that he bought down in Boise, rode it up to Lewiston and apparently hadn't ridden it since....340 miles.....hole eeee crap it was nice. Show room condition. That man keeps his bikes nice.

So, anyway, back up Spiral and stopped at the top. Wade says to me "Do you want to ride mine....that is...if Chad doesn't mind me riding the old Honda?"

"Really, are you serious?"

"Yeah"

"Fine by me, we'll swap in Colton" Chad piped in.

So, I jumped on Wade's sportster with the forward controls (which I detest) and headed to Colton. The bike isn't very comfortable to ride but it is fast. You say go, and it goes. No shit, just torque.

In Colton, I jumped on Chad's Buell, and all it did was cement the fact in my head that I need a naked twin. Again, no shit from this bike either, just torque. Looking at the throttle makes it go faster, and the vtwin engine smooths out like glass once you get it going.

Thanks again guys!

Anyway, so, buells have jumped a spot on the list. And so have bigger bikes.....still need to ride an SV....not sure how I'm going to swing that......but I will....mark my words....I will....

1 comment:

wade said...

Toughen up, girlie boy. It takes a real man to ride a sportster.

Forward's aren't for everyone. If I had to do it over again, I would've got the Roadster with mid-controls and higher suspension.