Monday, February 18, 2008

A couple weeks....

So, I'm just sitting down to blog for the first time in...well....a while.

A lot has happened since then.

Not like normal "a lot", but like a lot a lot.

Well, for 1, I got told that Zipper might want to hire me.
Also, we dealt with 2 feet of snow.
I drove to Seattle.
I finally got a new helmet.
I met a lot of westsiders (from the PNWRiders forum).
I hung out with the Banditos (well...kinda).
I got a new job.
I drove back to Moscow.
I went for a ride.




Well, for 1, I got told that Zipper might want to hire me.
well, my boss told me that Zipper might want to hire me, and wanted to know my "long term plans." So, I figured them out, and emailed boss man over at Zipper. I spent Friday (2/1) in Redmond for a meeting. I met with boss man, and we agreed that I should come over and spend some time working there so we could feel each other out and see how me working for them would work out.

Also, we dealt with 2 feet of snow.

2 feet. Yeah, 2 feet. It wasn't the most snow I've seen this year, but 2 feet in Moscow sucked. I'm glad that once it was all there, I was going to be spending the next 2 weeks in Redmond. Anyway, on the way to Redmond, there was too much snow, I had to redirect to another road. The passes were roads with solid walls of snow on both sides, both sides well over the top of the cab of my pickup.
The snow here in Moscow is almost gone. The snow in Redmond never existed, but the snow between here and there is in various stages of melting.
Just to give you an idea of how much snow there is, they closed the ski resorts, not because the roads to them were closed, but because there was too much snow to ski. Seriously. Too much snow to ski.

I drove to Seattle.
The drive there was a bit hairy. Not too bad, but I was glad the road wasn't much longer than it was. I had to redirect to open roads from Ellensburg to be able to press on. I made it. It wasn't fun, but it was pretty!

I finally got a new helmet.
I went to RMC "Renton MotorCycles" while I was bumming around over on the We(s)tside. HJC. And it doesn't fog up! Oh, and it has some cool designs on it! Black and red and white. Kinda cool.


shit...this is gonna have to wait....I just got a call I've been needing to hear for a while.

It will let me finish my rear stand that I started over xmas.





I met a lot of westsiders (from the PNWRiders forum).
I met quite a few of the people from the Seattle area. Not nearly a big percentage of them, but quite a few anyway. It was good times. We went to a bar one night, Red Robin for a bike night another night, and then to an Irish pub another night. It was good times all around! I can't wait to get to know some of them even more.

I hung out with the Banditos (well...kinda).
One night while I was there (at the bar) about 50 Banditos (a biker gang) showed up. It was...interesting....a couple got tossed out, and things got scary for a minute when that happened. After that, we kinda made our way to the door.

I got a new job.
Yes, Zipper did offer me a position, and I accepted. So, I'll be headed that way around the middle to the end of March, and I'll be working there! Crazy, eh?

I drove back to Moscow.
...rather uneventful, except for the cops who didn't pull me over....that maybe should have. A very long drive home.....

I went for a ride.
Today, I went down to Spiral and back. It was a good ride, but damn were my fingers cold by the time I hit the top of Spiral. I stopped to warm them up and then went on. By the time I got home, it had warmed up enough to not make my fingers numb anymore.


So, I finished my rear stand. The call I got was a guy who has a drill press and let me come and use it to drill the holes I needed to finish it. I was all excited, so I put the bolts into the holes, and lifted the rebel on up. Worked perfect. And fairly easy to use. So, on to the VFR. Yeah, that didn't go so well. I lifted and it gave way. One of the arms came off. Looking at the welds, it didn't penetrate nearly enough (if at all) and looks like I just soldered it with the rod. So, I need to go back and either do a better job, or have it done for me. I need to have the other one reworked as well, just to make sure those are done. As for the rest of it, I think it's fine, but those were my first welds, so I think (hope) that was the problem.

GRR

No comments: