Sunday, December 16, 2007

Antlers, on the wall

After a couple weeks of sitting on my back deck, they are finally on the wall. Wasn't as scary as I thought it would be to do.

Lessons learned:
1) skin the head, and clean the outside of the skull before you cut into it. It would have been much easier to clean the skullcap with more skull to work with.
2) leave less skull on the antlers so the little cover that comes with the mounting kit will fit better
3) have a beer--every project is better with a beer!

I went pheasant hunting this morning and saw a whole lot of birds, but no pheasants. No game birds at all. Just lots of hawks and a couple magpies.

Access Yes for the win, by the way.

Access Yes is a program in the state of Idaho that lets landowners get something in return for opening their land to hunters. Basically, it's the same as letting people hunt there if they ask, but you post it up on the internet saying that it's ok to hunt there. The state lets you choose what months are ok to hunt there, what kind of game is ok to hunt there, vehicle use, all sorts of things, and the all-important: "Land-owner contact (not) required." If you have land, they help you out with it, with improvements and such, in exchange for it being open to hunters.

I don't know how much they actually do for land owners, but it's a great program for hunters. If I had land, I'd open mine up.



My brother played his last football game, evar, and won (which seems to be a habit with this team). 17-9, with a nearly scoreless first half.

He got mentioned on national tv AND got shown a LOT. It was really cool to see him out there kicking ass in the mud-puddle they called a field.

Rain was the best player for both team's defense, as no one could hold onto the ball.

Good game though!

Oh, and mom, you looked great on TV too!


Another day, another dolla.
Back to work on Monday, 5 days until a week and 2 days off.


I found springs for my bike cheaper than I thought.....not sure how much, but should be cheaper than buying new! A buddy of mine has them and has offered them to me at an undisclosed price (even to me!). Didn't even know if they would fit, so there was no talk about buying them.

Only 3 and a half more months until March....14 weeks.... So close, yet so far away. Why can't it be warm yet?

Stream of consciousness over for now...

No comments: