Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Christmas break and New Year's Plan

So, we left to celebrate Christmas a week ago Saturday. It was nice to leave, and frankly, nicer to be home now.

It was a great visit. The first night we spent with my parents in Nampa. We celebrated Christmas with my brother and parents and then had a nice dinner, and took off for Twin Falls.

Christmas in Twin Falls was really nice, and we all had a good time, although I forgot to take anything to do, and almost went crazy from boredom on Christmas Day because we just sat around and watched movies. I'm not making that mistake next year, I'm taking something.

New Years brings a time of reflection and thought about the upcoming year. I've set some good goals for myself. Since college, I started brushing my teeth in the morning only, which is a terrible habit, and I am stopping that NOW. I also don't have much in the way of savings for retirement. Yes, I'm not even 25, but I'm planning for retirement. I started last summer, and I'm going to put about half my raise this year (assuming I get one) into savings, hoping to save at least $4k for the future. The more I save now, the more that money will be able to work for me to create more money for when I retire. So, that leaves me with the last of my 3 resolutions. This one is another health issue. I'd like to lose 20 pounds to put me at 220 (yeah, still huge, but I'm a big dude, 220 is a good weight).

My new years resolution is to better myself through those 3 things. If I can do those 3 things, I'll feel much better about myself, and hopefully with the weight I lose (by doing some exercising) I'll feel better physically too!


Oh, and we've got 8 inches of snow. I know I told my parents it was a foot, but 8 inches is closer to accurate. It's still plenty of snow, and there's TONS of frozen water laying all around this area.


Hello, 2008. Welcome.

No comments: