Monday, January 14, 2008

water...

Somethings you take for granted, things that maybe you shouldn't.

We got our water shut off last night.

It was either that, or have a puddle in our hallway. We chose to have no water this morning.

The plummer is on his way, should be here "before noon" which means that I'm glad they were able to get a key from the property agency. I'm not going to be here....


Jessica was doing laundry last night and saw a whole bunch of water on the floor in the laundry closet. As soon as she was done taking the laundry out, I had a look. The cold water to the washer was leaking. No big deal, I'll just turn it off....except that it was leaking on the other side of the valve. Turning it off would have just let it keep going.

So, I found the number to our property agency, called, and got their emergency numbers. I called the first emergency number and got an answer. The guy was all dressed up, and I felt really sorry for that, but still didn't want to ruin the carpet or sub-floor.

He looked for a local shutoff in the area, but couldn't figure out how to shut off most of the house, and leave us some, so he had to go outside and shut off the water at the main valve.

So, we have no water to shower this morning. Yay!

Luckily, I didn't do a whole lot yesterday to build up a stink except for scrape the driveway, but that didn't take very long.


Oh, and I bought water...which I hate doing, but I bought enough water to last us a day or so of drinking, cooking, and such.


anyway....yeah...

No comments: